We have a number of regular informal meetings designed to share and build knowledge within the team - a brief outline of each one follows:
Show the Thing (monthly)
- A short session (< 1hr) that demos a piece of work you've recently completed.
- Aims to build awareness as to what technologies are available, when to use them, and why.
- Can focus on a particular methodology/software library or generally how you approached a given project.
Journal Club (monthly)
- Review a paper from the data science literature as a group and discuss its implications.
- The article selection duty rotates around the group.
Peer Learning (as required)
- Longer sessions (>1hr) that aim to teach peers the basics of a particular library, methodology, or language.
- These sessions take the form of a tutorial (with exercises where appropriate) and should have a companion writeup in the